To fully understand this Binding Component architecture we focus on two main phases: The Deploy time and The Runtime
At deploy time the following sequence of events occurs:
- From the WSDL, the remote interface and the objects managed by the EJB (parameters, return type and exceptions) are dynamically created.
- Using RMIC, the RMI over IIOP stub are also created
- The EJB is located using the corbaname
- A JBI Endpoint based on the previous classes is created and published.
The following figure shows this process in an unformal sequence diagram:
At runtime the following sequence of events occurs:
- A JBI Endpoint sends a messages to the Jbi4Ejb endpoint
- The received message is unmarshalled and the parameter objects are dynamically populated
- The EJB is called using the the created objects
- The EJB result is converted as a JBI xml message and sent back the consumer (the endpoint that sent the message).